Monday, September 7, 2009

Bangkok Hilton!

These are just the pics uploaded from my mob. Most of the pics are taken on Winnie's cam so I'll have to get the pics off her soon! We spent a couple of days in Bangkok, was fun but not exactly relaxing, it was Bangkok after all....shopping crazy, traffic and squeezing with the crowd.
Singapore Changi Airport, 7am.
Winnie and me (left) still at the airport..
The back of our hotel, Hilton Bangkok. Lovely hotel and staff.
Map of Bangkok train stations..
Winnie and me posing while waiting for our train to arrive.
Two crazy chicks on a train platform.
Us at MBK.
My Thai Green Chicken Curry at MBK!
Me!
A Tuk Tuk...
Winnie and me at Suan Lum Night Market..items here are quite pricey even for a market. We didn't buy anything.
In the train..
One of my fave movies! Huge billboard poster in BBK!
A view of our hotel from our free shuttle boat ride to and from the hotel
When we came back to the hotel in the late afternoon/early evening exhausted from our day of shopping, Hilton surprised us, or rather Winnie with a small birthday cake (as it was her birthday!) What a very nice surprise indeed! And we were starving so after some crazy picture taking and all, Winnie made a wish, blew out the candle, and cut the cake in half. We finished the cake real quick! Delicious! Ok, our last night in Bangkok, we were 'tricked' by the cab driver, walked through Patpong market (I think thats what its called) which was a nightmare to me as every few seconds guys would come up to me (sometimes touch me to get my attention - which believe me I was not fond of at all) to ask me if I was interested in going to 'adult shows'. Of course I was not, but it was very irritating to be stopped and harrassed so many times so eventually I was glad to get out of there... Then we went to get a massage...after sitting down for two minutes, it started pouring outside, like REALLY pouring...we thot a little rain never hurt anyone. We were wrong. When we stepped out maybe 2 hours or so later.........the streets were FLOODED. I'm not kidding. We couldn't get a cab coz we didn't err......want to step or walk through the dirty water which by then was halfway between your ankle and your knee. No thanks. Well, in the end, we did managed to get a cab and gladly returned back to the hotel. It's 11pm and we're hungry. So we order room service! Fried calamari Hilton style!
Late night supper! Fried calamari, fries, and two scoops of yummy ice cream to share. Not sure why there was a salad, we didn't order it nor did we touch the salad! Beer for Winnie and a glass of sparkling wine for me. We munched on our supper while enjoying a very interesting episode of Desperate Housewives!
Central World Plaza!
MBK!
Back to the airport..
Religious figurines..
Thai Airways

No comments:

Post a Comment