Thursday, May 21, 2009

Where is my Pina Colada?

I have been crazed all week! Three assignments due this week, and I've been busy searching for research journals online, reading, highlighting, drafting, amending, etc.. First was for my journalism elective in which I chose to write about Singapore's media system and its journalistic attitutes (or lack of I should say) and how the government has since from the beginning followed an authoritarian philosophy which pretty much used its power to control and censor the media. After that, I went straight on to my Ethics essay for my Psychology unit. This one involved ethical codes and guidelines to follow, etc.. My third assignment due this week is for my interpretation and meaning in sociology unit, which I already started last week, thank god, is on post-structuralist feminism. I really like this topic, and so far have found it quite interesting, especially Marxist feminism. Alright, I guess it's back to drafting and amending my feminsim essay now...but after this, I think I really need a drink.
Wish I was here now...

4 comments:

  1. Haha. What a coincidence, I am taking a couple journalism classes too. One of them is on government censorship during war times. Last year in my film class we learned about feminist theory within films and studied a lot of that stuff too LOL. I know someone who took an ethics and logic class and said it was super hard-it was for a philosophy minor. I can't stand philosophy. Have you ever taken that class? I was so confused lol.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Allison, journalism seems to be a very popular subject at uni huh. I have to read quite a bit of philosophy in my sociology units, you know, reading about the original theorists, some are actually quite interesting. I don't mind all that, just don't talk to me about statistics. I hate that subject!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think how you do in any subject depends a lot on what kind of teacher you get. I have taken statistics twice and one teacher was awful I barely understood the concepts. The next time I took it I had an awesome teacher and got an A. I don't get As in math LOL it was the first and only time LOL. Theory is interesting but my head starts spinning when Aristotle starts talking about reality not being real. And then we start moving into quantum physics where reality is only something our mind has constructed and we live in like a Matrix created by our minds LOL. Nothing is really there, we could change anything we want, bend spoons etc. Ahhhh. Freaks me out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I think I missed the class on Marxist Feminism - it almost reads as an oxymoron! What a huge study load you have at the moment, nice to see you at least enjoying a drink in the appropriate study location!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete