Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day stitches

In celebration of Mother's Day this year, I decided to stitch a little something onto bath towels for my *future* mother in law. I bought a soft fluffy cream coloured towel and a matching slighter darker cream aida band to match. I wanted to give it a romantic vintage feel to it so I stitched using dusty rose and mint green colours. On the sides of MOTHER, there are three tiny flowers and in one corner I stitched MD 2009 to give it a personal touch. Then I thought I might as well stitch one for my *future* father in law too. But I had a hard time deciding the colour of the towel for this one. I must have stood at the towels section in the store for a whole hour! At last, I decided on keeping it plain and simple (since he is a man), so I decided on a white towel, and I stitched the word FATHER in a smoke blue colour, and on each side there are a pair of palm trees.
When I finished, I realised it looks like a towel from a beach resort!
Here are the pair together. I hope B's parents will like their Mother's Day present.
I also decided on stitching one for my aunt later on in the week. She loves the colour purple so I got her a nice lilac coloured towel and used a darker mint green/aqua colour to stitch her name.
B's parents present all wrapped up.
For my mum, who by the way lives in Australia, I sent her a nice black coloured shawl and a tub of Sweet Petula's Shea Butter Ginger Blossom hand and body balm from www.sweetpetula.etsy.com
Well, that's all for now. I hope everyone loves their Mother's Day pressies from me and I wish all mothers out there
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. How nice those towels are! I hope your doing well.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete