Monday, April 13, 2009

I've entered the Twilight Craze...

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...What a stupid lamb. What a sick, masochistic lion." - Edward, Bella, Edward.
Well, what can I say? I obviously knew the Twilight Sega was HUGE, comparable to Harry Potter, but for some unknown reason, it never interest me until I saw the movie last week. Yep, I think I may be one of the very few people who saw the movie before reading the books. Once I started, it was very hard to put down. Stephanie Meyer's writing is very entertaining and absorbs you right into the heart of the book and its characters, especially Edward & Bella. I started reading Twilight Wednesday evening after I submitted my sociology essay. I finished the book at 3am in the morning. The next day, I went to purchase New Moon and Eclipse. Again, it took me about a day to finish one although I must admit I 'rushed' through the parts with Jacob so I could be absorbed with my Edward again.. I loved the first part of Breaking Dawn, I was so happy reading the star-crossed lovers fairytale, and Bella's funny attempts on seducing Edward. Then things went downhill from there, not so much the book itself, but because I didn't like reading the fairytale and then quite suddenly it was all very tragic..
"Is that what you dream about? Becoming a monster?" - Edward
"Mostly I dream about being with you forever." - Bella

5 comments:

  1. I did the exact same thing as you!!! I saw the movie then read the books and went through them like fire! LOL I liked the movie better though than the books. I think Rob is sooo hot, but only as "Edward." Have you seen him regularly? He's very grungy lol. Much cuter as Edward :)

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah but don't forget "Edward" I'm sure has a hair and make up artist on the set :-) but I love Edward & Bella nonetheless. Not a Jacob fan tho..can't wait for New Moon to come out in November!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Can you believe they only just started filming last month? I've studied some media production and kind of gotten an idea of how long it takes for movies to be made and I cannot even fathom how they will finish it by November! My friend and I are concerned with how they will buff up Jacob for the movie LOL. Because the actor is really young and scrawny you know? LOL And he's supposed to transform into this buff guy in like a few months...we just hope it doesn't look fake! Whatever LOL. I actually like Jacob better! HAHA Only as the character in the book because obviously Rob is hotter LOL. Do you like the Harry Potter movies? Are you excited for the new one coming out this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I saw on youtube last week, Jacob was being interviewed and he was showing off his biceps! He's got muscles!! Been working out hard I guess! His 'new' muscles looks really big!

    Hmm I think they might even have to finish by October coz of all the movie premires and promoting the movie and stuff before it comes out..if you're on facebook, there's this Twilight group you can join, and they have regular updates on the cast and pics of them onset filming. Pretty cool..

    Yeah I was a big HP fan, been waiting for the new movie to come out too. It's taken them ages to make this one huh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the Twilight film last night with a friend who is OBSESSED with it!!! She brought me the book for Easter.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete