Sunday, April 19, 2009

Saturday at MacRitchie..

For a while now, B and I have made it a habit on going to MacRitchie on weekends for our 'exercise'. By exercise, I mean a 12km hike through MacRitchie Reservoir. We went yesterday, and it was boiling hot, one of the first days where it didn't rain for once. I must tell you this, at the beginning of every walk, B would look excitedly for "the perfect stick". Don't ask me why. It's a guy thing. You'll have a better understanding after reading the book "Why men don't have a clue and women always need more shoes." Yesterday's walk was no different, and B did find his stick, but it had other branches attached to it lying on the ground. I watched him as he picked it up, and *easily* tore off the remaining branches. Honestly, I was actually quite amazed at how strong he was at that moment coz those branches looked kinda thick to me. And so, he had his perfect stick..
On most of our walks at MacRitchie, we usually come across groups of monkeys (some of them doing the deed, some eating, some picking stuff off each other), very fascinating to watch. There are also snakes, giant forest ants which I do not have a liking for (but B are fascinated by them for some reason), lizards and squirrels.
On my walks, I bring along with me my wristlet which consist of my mobile, a lip balm and a tissue. I guess this is typical boy-girl behaviour. Man walks with stick, girl walks with purple bag swinging off her wrist.
This reservoir is huge and beautifully maintained. It's definately a place to go to de-stress yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a really neat thing to have by you. I think you're right about the man/stick phenomenon because my boyfriend has done the same in the past when we've gone on hikes haha. The whole monkey thing really surprises me I can't even imagine! Looks really nice!

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! I am a regular visitor to your blog too. Love your pics! Oh the monkey business is the funniest 20 second you'll ever have!

    It's a guy thing :-)

    ReplyDelete